Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Weird Al Hug!


I have been in love with Weird Al's music ever since I first laid ears on his music around 1999/2000, right around the start of my high school career. There were a lot of Weird Al specials on VH1, so my family became slightly obsessed with watching them all. Once I heard the songs "Eat It", "Fat", and "Amish Paradise", I had to listen to every song  and watch every video I could find. (This was the pre-YouTube era, so it wasn't quite an easy task). My first CD I ever purchased with my own money was his Running With Scissors album. As a former MAD Magazine intern, and as someone who had a deep love for parodies and good ol' fashioned clean, cuss-free humor, his work has been a huge part of my life.

I had the privilege of meeting Weird Al last May, and he was every bit the kind gentleman that you would imagine. When I told him, "I can't sing 'American Pie' anymore without it turning into the lyrics for 'The Saga Begins'", he responded "Me too!", which really made me laugh. He is my #1 most desired concert that I hope to attend, so I am making this Weird Al hug in the hopes that his new Mandatory Fun tour (tickets on sale today!) will add dates to Los Angeles so that I can finally realize my dream of seeing him in concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment