Monday, August 18, 2014

Jughead Hug


Yesterday, I found out that a dear mentor and friend, cartoonist Stan Goldberg, had suffered a stroke late last week. Stan, who had drawn for Archie comics for decades, and his wife Pauline had been in a terrible car crash last October, but both were doing wonderfully when I saw them this past May and June.  Stan is one of the kindest, nicest, most generous people that I know, and we are all praying for his recovery. 

Stan has been drawing Jughead more frequently for sketch requests, including for my son back in May during the National Cartoonist Society's annual Reuben Awards. So, I drew this hug for him. Please get well soon, Stan, so we can all give you big hugs in person. Our hearts go out to you and your incredible family.

UPDATE 9/1/14: Sadly, Stan passed away last night. He will be missed more than words can say. We love you, Stan, and miss you terribly already.

No comments:

Post a Comment