Thursday, August 28, 2014

Calvin & Hobbes Hug!


When I read my first Calvin & Hobbes strip at the age of 11, I knew I wanted to be a cartoonist. When searching for a spouse, I always dreamed of finding someone who would be willing to dress up as Calvin & Hobbes for a costume party. When Target had a stuffed tiger doll that looked almost just like Hobbes, my husband and I ran out to buy one for our son (who is currently sleeping with it in his crib as I type). For my husband's 29th birthday, I bought him the "Comic Bible" - the three book hardcover collection of the entire Calvin & Hobbes comic strip (which he still reads every night in bed before/while falling asleep). In fact, we are such fans that we both happen to be featured in a wonderful documentary about the strip called Dear Mr. Watterson (available on DVD, Blu-Ray, Netflix, Amazon, and other locations).

So, you might say I like Calvin & Hobbes just a wee bit.

I'm surprised it took me this long to do a Calvin & Hobbes hug, but thanks to a special request by Reena Ribalt-Papir from NY, the Calvin & Hobbes Hug O' The Day makes its grand appearance.

P.S. Here is the picture of my husband and me dressed up as Calvin & Hobbes for our first costume holiday party together. For the record, we won the costume contest that day. Dreams really do come true. =0)


No comments:

Post a Comment